Found 10 Records, 10 Photos and 9,453,946 Family Trees
Born in Wilson, Tennessee, USA on 1808. Asa married Abigail Cambell and had 12 children. He passed away on 1875 in Kinderhook, Illinois, USA.
- Almelia Rebecca Allen1831-1878
- Clarisa Ann Allen1823-Unknown
- Alfred Bryant Allen1825-1891
- Elizabeth Allen1827-Unknown
- Martha Allen1829-Unknown
- Amelia Rebecca Allen1831-Unknown
- Logan Walker Allen1834-Unknown
- William Leach Allen1837-1850
- Paulina A Allen1841-Unknown
- Nathan Watson Allen1843-Unknown
- Parthenia Cornelia Allen1844-Unknown
- Andrew Campbell Allen1847-Unknown
Ready to discover your family story? Simply start with yourself and we'll do the searching for you.
English and Scottish: from a Celtic personal name of great antiquity and obscurity. In England the personal name is now usually spelled Alan, the surname Allen; in Scotland the surname is more often Allan. Various suggestions have been put forward regarding its origin; the most plausible is that it originally meant ‘little rock’. Compare Gaelic ailín, diminutive of ail ‘rock’. The present-day frequency of the surname Allen in England and Ireland is partly accounted for by the popularity of the personal name among Breton followers of William the Conqueror, by whom it was imported first to Britain and then to Ireland. St. Alan(us) was a 5th-century bishop of Quimper, who was a cult figure in medieval Brittany. Another St. Al(l)an was a Cornish or Breton saint of the 6th century, to whom a church in Cornwall is dedicated.