Malinda Evelyn Allen
Found 10 Records, 9 Photos and 10,740,999 Family Trees
Born in Jackson, Green, Missouri, USA on 16 Mar 1860. Malinda Evelyn married Irven Wesley Jenkins and had 12 children. She passed away on 17 Apr 1920 in Sparta, Christian, Missouri, USA.
- Elodia Blackburn Jenkins1884-1946
- Lloyd Dwight Jenkins1882-1949
- Georgia Mac Jenkins1885-1972
- Roxie Olita Jenkins1887-1917
- Joseph Irven Jenkins1888-1948
- James Lafayette Jenkins1890-1931
- Harvey Lee Jenkins1892-1964
- William J Jenkins1895-1895
- Mary Elsie Jenkins1896-1896
- Dona Malinda Jenkins1899-1977
- Florence Irene Jenkins1900-1907
- Anna Olive Jenkins1901-1958
Ready to discover your family story?
Simply start with yourself and we'll do the searching for you.
English and Scottish: from a Celtic personal name of great antiquity and obscurity. In England the personal name is now usually spelled Alan, the surname Allen; in Scotland the surname is more often Allan. Various suggestions have been put forward regarding its origin; the most plausible is that it originally meant ‘little rock’. Compare Gaelic ailín, diminutive of ail ‘rock’. The present-day frequency of the surname Allen in England and Ireland is partly accounted for by the popularity of the personal name among Breton followers of William the Conqueror, by whom it was imported first to Britain and then to Ireland. St. Alan(us) was a 5th-century bishop of Quimper, who was a cult figure in medieval Brittany. Another St. Al(l)an was a Cornish or Breton saint of the 6th century, to whom a church in Cornwall is dedicated.