Found 10 Records, 10 Photos and 2,538,475 Family Trees
- Ninnett Chandler1827-1850
- Sarah A Chandler1830-1916
- Joseph Chandler1804-1804
- James R Chandler1806-1885
- Allen Chandler1808-1808
- Dudley Jones Chandler1808-1905
- Asa A Chandler1811-Unknown
- Francis C Chandler1812-1897
- Mary Polly Chandler1815-Unknown
- Elizabeth Chandler1817-Unknown
- Catherine Chandler1819-1856
- Lucinda Chandler1821-Unknown
- Nancy Chandler1823-1963
- Thornton Howington Chandler1825-1911
- Edith Caroline Chandler1834-1884
Ready to discover your family story?
Simply start with yourself and we'll do the searching for you.
English: occupational name for a maker and seller of candles, from Middle English cha(u)ndeler (Old French chandelier, Late Latin candelarius, a derivative of candela ‘candle’). While a medieval chandler no doubt made and sold other articles beside candles, the extended sense of modern English chandler does not occur until the 16th century. The name may also, more rarely, have denoted someone who was responsible for the lighting arrangements in a large house, or else one who owed rent in the form of wax or candles.